Welcome to the Nexus Copywriting Blog!
I hope you enjoy your time here. If you're involved in business, curious about advertising or even keen to learn how to use language more effectively then you will find plenty of interest here.
Over time I hope to build this into a rich resource of how-to guides, commentaries and reflections on language, advertising and the life of a copywriter.
If you would like to visit my business site you can do so here:
- Data Protection – Are You Breaking the Law?
- Advertising – It’s Enough to Make you Cry
- Copywriting and Cliché – Avoid it like the Plague…?
- Literature and Copywriting – Chalk and Cheese?
- Perfect Pitch – Writing Sales Letters that Work
- How to Use Hyphens & Dashes
- Guest Post: Live and Learn
- Online Marketing – Careful Now…
- One-Page Websites – Wise Choice?
- Awfully Smart Advertising – The Power of Annoying
Tag Archives: TV Ads
Say hello to Barney. Barney’s a sad dog. His family couldn’t afford to keep him but instead of taking him to a shelter they kicked him out on the streets. He was cold and scared. He didn’t know how … Continue reading
To strive, to seek, to find…great deals on home insurance The world of literature is no stranger to copywriters. Elmore Leonard, Joseph Heller, Peter Mayle and Salman Rushdie were all copywriters before finding literary fame. Remember the slogan “naughty but … Continue reading
So, on a scale of 1-10, how irritated do you feel right now? Whatever the figure a moment ago it’s probably a lot higher since clicking this page. Has the music started in your head yet? “Go compaaare… Go compaaaare…” … Continue reading