Welcome to the Nexus Copywriting Blog!
I hope you enjoy your time here. If you're involved in business, curious about advertising or even keen to learn how to use language more effectively then you will find plenty of interest here.
Over time I hope to build this into a rich resource of how-to guides, commentaries and reflections on language, advertising and the life of a copywriter.
If you would like to visit my business site you can do so here:
- Data Protection – Are You Breaking the Law?
- Advertising – It’s Enough to Make you Cry
- Copywriting and Cliché – Avoid it like the Plague…?
- Literature and Copywriting – Chalk and Cheese?
- Perfect Pitch – Writing Sales Letters that Work
- How to Use Hyphens & Dashes
- Guest Post: Live and Learn
- Online Marketing – Careful Now…
- One-Page Websites – Wise Choice?
- Awfully Smart Advertising – The Power of Annoying
Tag Archives: Guides
Looking through the marketing copy of countless companies — including household-name brands — I see one error more than any other: ignorance over the use of hyphens. It’s a tiny and much-neglected mark but for fully rounded and accurate writing … Continue reading
Colons and semicolons are troublemakers. Not content with the clarity of being a single marking they have the nerve to mix and match other, more straightforward punctuation marks. You can be happily making your way through a sentence when suddenly … Continue reading
Turn up for business with your flies undone or your skirt tucked into the back of your underwear and you shouldn’t expect to win any customers. Yet allowing basic and avoidable errors into your business writing is just as embarrassing … Continue reading